Macau University of Science and Technology seeks applications for the post of Vice President for International Affairs. This position will lead efforts to develop international strategic partnerships with foreign universities and research organizations as well as maintain and enhance existing partnerships and will consult on issues of international admissions, alumni relations and development.
The Vice President for International Affairs is responsible for leading the strategic development and implementation of the University's international profile. The VP, International will accelerate the growth of MUST’s international reputation.
The Vice President for International Affairs is responsible for leading the strategic development and implementation of the University's international profile. Focused on accelerating MUST’s international reputation for enhancing student experience in education and research, the Vice President for International Affairs will work collaboratively to actively develop current and future markets and partnerships.
The Vice President for International Affairs is a member of the senior management who actively contribute to the University’s future growth and development by strengthening and enhancing the University’s global network, maximizing opportunities across learning and teaching, knowledge transfer and exchanges, and deepening the University’s presence and engagement with Mainland China and globally.
The person is responsible for the development and oversight of the international affairs of the University, including policies related to overseas exchanges, joint programmes and research collaboration.
Reporting directly to the President, the appointee will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Assist the President in steering the development of the University in terms of international affairs according to its vision & mission
- Lead the University's international strategy to accelerate our reputation in relevant student markets and academic and business communities. Take a university-wide view to seek the best student outcomes and return on investment
- Scan the external international environment for emerging trends and perspectives to stay tuned to market needs and incorporate into strategic direction and planning processes. Provide strategic assessment and briefings to the University executive on international issues and opportunities
- Engage the University in developing and executing strategies and implementing business and operational plans to deliver MUST’s vision and strategy, by creating energy and impact that motivates staff to achieve
- Act as the University’s key strategic contact with international partners, helping to oversee that the University maintains strong, productive and constructive relationships with partners with whom MUST can provide excellent teaching, research and industry engagement for the benefit of our students
- Oversee the assessment of the financial and business aspects of the University's international education, research and business activities to ensure the accurate understanding of benefits and risks
- Participate in university-wide and community-based committees relevant to the University's international work, and ensure good communication on international issues within the University
- Create an innovative, high performance, student/customer centric culture that encourages diversity and inclusion, personal accountability, innovation and continuous improvement and a focus on excellent student/customer outcomes
- A PhD degree in an appropriate field;
- Attained full professor status at a reputable university with outstanding records in teaching and research;
- Significant experience with at least 5 years’ experience at the level of Dean or above including experience in the development and administration of curriculum, personnel and strategic planning in higher education;
- Extensive experience in global engagement and international education programs;
- Deep understanding of best international higher education systems, particularly in the areas of teaching and research;
- Proven ability to work with leaders in the public and private sectors;
- Demonstrated commitment to upholding the academic quality and standard of the University;
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin is an advantage.
The remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s academic qualification, professional experience and current position. The candidate shall be entitled to free housing, medical benefits, annual leave, provident fund, other allowance and overseas study opportunities or on job training program provided by the University. Current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Qualified candidates should send applications with a detailed curriculum vitae with expected salary, copies of ID/passport, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts, testimonial of professional experience, publications and academic research outline etc. either by mail to email@example.com or apply the position via online system (Please specify application ref. 1800002T.) All applications will be treated with strict confidentially.