The mission of the Educational Development Centre is to strengthen, enhance and promote the continuous improvement of, and excellence in, learning, teaching, assessment, research and supervision, professional staff development and administration throughout the University. It seeks to accomplish this through the provision of the highest quality support and development for all members of the University.
For staff, the Centre aims to:
- organize University-wide staff development activities and developments in the University, both academic and administrative;
- promote and enhance effective learning, teaching, curricula and assessment in the University;
- act as a physical, material and human resource for enhancing and developing learning throughout the University;
- provide teacher development programs, support and research training;
- enable staff to become excellent teachers and researchers.
For students, the Centre aims to:
- promote and enhance effective learning in the University;
- act as a physical, material and human resource for enhancing and developing learning at all levels: undergraduate to postgraduate and post-doctoral;
- enhance their awareness of their own development as learners;
- provide substantive support for undergraduate and postgraduate students’ research and reporting.
The Centre’s also aims to develop professional learning communities in the University through collaborative, shared development work.