The Teaching Excellence Awards have several purposes:
- To recognise and reward outstanding teaching;
- To recognise and reward the significant contribution made by individuals to enhancing the quality of learning and teaching in the University;
- To honour, award and convey gratitude to teachers for their excellent teaching performance;
- To promote and support the highest quality teaching and learning in the University;
- To stimulate, encourage and support new members of staff in their teaching careers.
Award winners can contribute to the development of the highest quality teaching and learning in the University, with innovatory teaching, sharing and dissemination of effective practice in promoting learning through effective teaching.