HongKong Students

1. Passport and Expiry date for staying
1.1 Validity period stipulated for staying

       (1). Student from Hong Kong holding a valid “Hong Kong Permanent Resident’s Identity Card”, “Hong Kong Identity Card” (marked with “*”, “***” or “R”) or Re-entry Permit entering Macau in the first time but not later than the Validity period stipulated of Identification Card, the “Staying Permit” for one year will be given.
       (2). Student from Hong Kong holding valid documents (not as mention above) must obey the Validity period stipulated of “Staying Permit” in each entry.
       (3). For “Staying Permit” less than one year, Students apply “Special Authorization to Stay” (Student Visa) at  Stay Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department for extending the expiry date.

1.2 Overstaying
       (1) Staying in Macau later than the validity period stipulated of Staying Permit.

(2) Staying in Macau later than the validity period stipulated of “Special Authorization to Say”.

1.3 Penalty of overstaying
       a. The person who overstay in Macau will be fined Mop200 per day and with the overstay limited to 30 days.
       b. The person who overstays again within 180 days or do not repay fine of overstaying, will be classified as “Illegal immigrant”. As the result, any visa about living, working and the extension of staying will be rejected within 2 years, the illegal immigrant will be deported.
       All Penalty translated here is base on the Article 8 of Law No. 5/2003, and is executed on 18th August, 2009

2. “Special Authorization to Stay”
2.1 Introduction

       Hong Kong Students may take the application for “Special Authorization-to-Stay” personally at  Stay Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department , the period of the application must be 20days before the limit of Staying Permit.

2.2 After applying the “Special Authorization to Stay”
       After received the application, Students will get a receipt from the  Stay Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department . Students have to take the “Special Authorization to Stay” by the receipt on the appointed day.

2.3 Document Required
       For the first time application, the following documents are required:
        (1). Fill the “Special Authorization to stay” application form
        (2). Copy of the identity card (the valid identity card is need for verify)
        (3). Testimonial of Macau University of Science and Technology”
        (4). Three recent photos (1.5 inch with white background)

2.4 Location for applying
       Stay Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department 
        Address: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa , Macau                  
        Office hour:Monday to Friday at 09:00 – 17:00 (except public holiday)

3. Application for “Testimonial of Macau University of Science and Technology”
3.1 Introduction

       Hong Kong Students can apply the testimonial for application for “Special Authorization to Stay” in  Student Affairs Office (Room J108) and receive it in Academic Registry (Counter N109).

3.2 Document Required
       Hard Copy of following document:
       (1). Identity card
       (2). Student campus card

3.3 Processing Time
       5 working days

3.4 Fee for applying the testimonial issued by MUST
       (1). Special Authorization to Stay----------------------------------------------------------------------Free
       (2). Student provide incorrect information
              That causes the re-issue of the testimonial--------------------------------------------------$50
       (3). Re-issue the testimonial because of loss or damage------------------------------------$150
        Students have to bring along their personal identification documents for verifying.

       For accuracy or up-date information, please refer to the website of the Macau Immigration http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/main.html

       And the English translation here is for reference only. In case of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Chinese version and the English version, the Chinese version shall prevail.