Macau Forum Profile
In today's world, cultural soft power is increasingly showing the trend of impacting global development. The era bestows upon us opportunities and challenges as to how to advocate and create new humanistic value, and how to explore and achieve equality and win-win situation in multi-cultural dialogue and blend.
As the city of cultural exchange between China and western world, Macau has been playing an important role both in the course of “transmission of Western knowledge to the East” and during the process of “propagation of Eastern knowledge to the West”. Today, Macau Forum brings together the world's political, business, and academic insight to build a platform for regional multicultural high-level dialogue. The forum invites renowned scholars and academics to explore the road to friendly exchanges and peaceful coexistence.
The theme of the Forum is Diversity, inclusiveness, and development. The Macau Forum will be held three days in December each year. The opening of the first Macau Forum is scheduled for March 25, 2013. It is organized by the Organizing Committee of the Macau Forum, and hosted by the Macau University of Science and Technology.
The theme of the 2013 forum: Multiculturalism: Legacy and Innovation
1. Multiculturalism study (Scholar Forum)
2. Multiculturalism and the development of Macau (Dialogues amongst producers, academics and researchers)
3. Multiculturalism: the mission of the heirs (Youth Forum)
1. Conference—keynote speech. The Forum will invite internationally renowned experts and scholars as guest speakers.
2. Seminar—Thematic dialogues and exchanges. By means of group seminars, the Forum will extensively explore some multi-level issues.
3. Case study of Macau culture and the development of cultural industry.
4. Opening and closing ceremonies and performances of university students.
5. Publication of papers.
Dates: 26 - 28 March, 2013 (please refer to the agenda for details)
Official language: Mandarin, English