With advanced technical equipment, mature and advanced technical platform, and professional technical personnel, Quality Control Laboratory is committed to cutting-edge research on quality control and evaluation technology of traditional Chinese medicines(TCM). It also provides various high-tech services to the industry.
Main Research Focus:
I. Quality assessment technologies for toxic Chinese medicinal herbs, high-valued Chinese medicines, Lingnan medical herbs, animal-originated medical substances, and establishing quality standards, including:
- Corresponding quality standardsbased on the chemical composition analysis of medicinal materials and decoction pieces;
- Multidimensional chemical composition and quality control system on Chinese medicines;
- Advanced LC-MS, FT-NIR and NMR technology (Fast chemical composition identification);
II. Quality assessment technologies and technical standards for Chinese patent drugs and Chinese medicine compound preparation
- Quality assessment for high-valued Chinese medicines, toxic Chinese medical herbs, Lingnan medical herbs and Chinese patent drugs based on research on their chemical substances;
- Assessment on the quality and stability of the proprietary Chinese medicinal products by integrating analytical method of “chromatography - mass spectrometry - nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopic fingerprint”;
- Research on the quality assessment and safety assurance of injections made by Chinese medicinal herbs.
- Setting up analytical methods and standards for safe application of Commonly-used toxic Chinese medicinal herbs in clinic.
Quality Testing for Traditional Chinese Medicines
- Safety Testing: detection of heavy metals, pesticide residues and microbial contamination (NATA certification) for Chinese medicinaldecoction pieces or related products (including medicine, food, etc.);
- Detection of toxic substances in TCM;
- Quality testing of traditional Chinese medicinal herbs and products, including: identification, content determination, fingerprint.
Technical Services for Medicine Development
- Establishment and drafting of quality standards for TCM products;
- Improvement of the production process and quality standards of existing Chinese medicinal varieties;
- Basic research on TCM products, including separation and structure identification of active ingredients and index components, establishment of quality control methods, and design of production process, etc.;
- Joint research and development of TCM products;
- Methods for searching, confirming and monitoring allergic components and allergic-like components of TCM injections;
- Chemical analysis in drug development, including separation and structure identification of drug impurities, chemical purity determination by qNMR and sequence analysis of antibody drugs;
- Determination of clinical biomarkers for disease diagnosis;
- Consultation and advisory services for TCM testing, R&D and application.