Macau University of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Science in Automation and Systems Engineering
The purpose of this course is to consolidate students' mathematical and physical foundation, guide students' thinking mode in engineering field, and cultivate application-oriented professionals with forward-looking theory and technology and innovative thinking.
With the rapid development of a new generation of information technology represented by big data, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence, the industrial revolution has entered the era of Industry 4.0 characterized by intelligence. In June 2016, the Ministry of Education put forward the concept of "new engineering" for the first time, bringing innovation ideas to the construction of artificial intelligence subject knowledge into the talent training model. The proposal of automation and systems engineering program will be in line with the development and goals of the university:
(1) Improvement and optimization of teaching and learning, application of new technologies to update educational concepts, and innovation of teaching modes;
(2) Research innovation and cooperation;
(3) Internationalization and diversity;
(4) Integration into the Greater Bay Area and the nation.
Upon approval from the Senate of the University, a Bachelor’s Degree will be conferred on a student when he or she has:
- completed and met the requirements prescribed in the study plan of his or her program within the specific study period*,
- abided by the regulations of the University,
- cleared all fees and charges and returned all University property and equipment borrowed.
* Students admitted from the academic year 2017/2018 onwards are required to achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above in order to graduate.
# The curriculum is only for students admitted academic year 2023/2024.
^ All syllabi and study plans are in accordance with the information published on the Macau SAR Official Gazette.