Regulations for Graduation Certificate Collection
(For Undergraduates and Students of Pre-University Studies)
Upon receipt of the “Notice for Graduation Certificate Collection”, students must make an appointment to collect their Graduation Certificates through COES. Students can go through the relevant procedures during the period specified through one of the following means. Once they have collected the Certificates, students can then apply for the refund of the caution fee and apply for Testimonials. The Guideline and relevant forms as below:
1. Collection in Person
After making the appointment through the COES, students should print out the “Appointment Slip for Graduation Certificate Collection”. Students can collect their Graduation Certificates at the Academic Registry Counter by presenting the Slip and their personal identification documents at the time of the appointment. Once they have collected the Certificates, students can then apply for the refund of the caution fee at the Accounts Office Counter. For details, please refer to <Refund Regulations for Handling Graduate’s Caution Fee>.
2. Collection through an authorized person
After making the appointment through COES, students should printout the “Appointment Slip for Graduation Certificate Collection”. Students can authorize a person by completing the “Authorization Letter”. The authorized person, upon presentation of the documents mentioned below, can then collect the Certificate from the Academic Registry on behalf of the student at the time of the appointment.
- The completed “Authorization Letter”
- Copy of the identification documents of the student
- Original and copy of the identification documents of the authorized person
- Appointment Slip for Graduation Certificate Collection
Once they have collected the Certificates, the authorized person, with the relevant Authorization Letter, can then apply for the refund of the caution fee at the Accounts Office Counter. For details, please refer to <Refund Regulations for Handling Graduate’s Caution Fee>.
3. Collection via mail
Should students be unable to collect the Certificates in person or through an authorized person, they may request delivery by post (deliveries outside Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan are not accepted under normal circumstances) in accordance with the procedures below:
- Students should register in the COES where it states that they would like to collect their Graduation Certificates by post, then fill out the mailing information and upload a copy of the the identification documents to make a formal application.
- The University will send the Certificates by double-registered mail 15 days after the students’ application (about 2 to 3 weeks for delivery). Cost for packing and postage will be deducted from the students’ caution fee, with no additional notice given of this.
- Students should confirm receipt of the Certificate by completing and returning to the University by mail the “Receipt for Graduation Certificate Collection” and the “Caution Fee Refund Application Form (For Graduate Only)”, together with their copies of identification documents. The University will then proceed with the caution fee refund procedures upon receipt of all the documents stated above. If students fail to return the “Receipt for Graduation Certificate” and the “Caution Fee Refund Application Form (For Graduate Only)” within 15 months of the date of award, their caution fee will not be refunded.
4. Important Notes
- If students fail to respond to the issuing of Graduation Certificate Collection within 15 months of the date of award, the University reserves the right to void their Graduation Certificates and other associated documents. In addition, their caution fees will not be refunded.
- The University will mail the “Notice for Graduation Certificate Collection” to the students’ campus email address and personal e-mail address registered in COES. After they have graduated, they can no longer apply for amendment to their registered information. They can only report in writing to the University about their new contact number, correspondence and e-mail address for contact purposes and these will only be kept on file.
- For any damage to or loss of Graduation Certificates issued (including those sent by mail), the University will not accept any application for re-issuance.
- The University is entitled to void any Graduation Certificate which is not collected within the stipulated period, and such a Certificate will not be re-issued.
- Request for amending any misprints on the Graduation Certificates should generally be made within 6 months of the date of award. Late applications will not be accepted. Furthermore, personal particulars update or change of traditional / simplified Chinese characters is not included in the application for amendments mentioned above.
- The University reserves all rights and privileges in revising and interpreting the terms and conditions above.
- The regulations and information above are subject to the latest announcements of the University.
5. Office Hours
Monday to Friday 9:00am–1:00pm, 2:30pm–6:20pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Tel: (853)8897 2300
Fax: (853)2882 7666
Address: Room N109, Library Building, Block N, Avenida Wai Long, Taipa, Macau