The Institute is currently seeking grants to support smart city research and development. So far we have submitted grant proposals to FDCT and FDCT-NSFC. We also plan to take advantage of the university-industry joint grant opportunity to be rolled out by FDCT soon.
A number of smart campus and smart city use cases have been identified as follows.
Smart Campus Use Cases
- MUST+ app
- Student attendance verification.
- Library access and services via face detection and recognition.
- Campus mobile pay platform.
- Course content management system.
- NE3D content development for different disciplines.
- Cloud-based teaching/research labs.
- VR/AR/HR for enhanced teaching.
- Robotic applications in classrooms.
Smart City Use cases
- HPC based Macau city cloud via collaboration with Sugon.
- Value-added services for government agencies and departments.
- Holographic reality for entertainment, tourism, transportation, health-care, and environmental protection.
- Tourism data analytics (e.g., data collected from WiFi streets in Macau).
- Transportation data analytics.