2022 General Research Grant (Closed): February 14 to March 14, 2022
- for projects not exceeding MOP 1,000,000.00 (MOP 1,000,000.00) (to be approved by the Administrative Committee)
- Projects exceeding MOP 1,000,000.00 (MOP 1 million) (approved by the Board of Trustees).
Subject of funding.
- institutions of higher learning under the supervision of the Government of the Macao Special Administrative Region.
- laboratories or other entities engaged in scientific and technological research and development activities in the Macao S.A.R.
- private non-profit organizations registered in the Macao SAR.
- owners of commercial enterprises or commercial enterprises registered in the Macao Special Administrative Region
- researchers engaged in research and development in the Macao Special Administrative Region.
(I) Funding items.
- projects that contribute to the popularization and deepening of scientific and technological knowledge
- projects that contribute to the improvement of productivity and competitiveness of enterprises
- research and development, promotion and innovation projects that contribute to the development of industries.
- research projects that contribute to the transformation of R&D results.
- projects that help promote external cooperation in science and technology
- projects that promote the transfer of science and technology as a priority for socio-economic development.
- patent applications.
(2) Type of application.
Applicants are required to select the type of project from among the categories of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD):
- basic research: projects undertaken to obtain new knowledge about the fundamentals of phenomena and observable facts.
- applied research: projects with clear research objectives and innovation to bring basic research discoveries to application.
- experimental development: projects oriented to practical applications to generate new products, materials, devices, processes, systems and services. Specifically including industry-academia-research cooperation, enterprise research and development and clinical research.
(iii) Approval criteria.
The granting of the grant will be carried out in accordance with the "Regulations for Granting Grants" approved by the Chief Executive 64/2021. Depending on the nature of the application, the following criteria shall be applied: 1.
- basic research: scientific value and frontiers.
- applied research: practicality and application prospect.
- experimental development: practical application scenarios, advanced technical performance indicators and social or economic benefits.
(D) Funding Methodology.
According to Article 11 of the Grant Regulations, there are two types of funding methods: non-reimbursable and compensated. If the application is for reimbursement, it must provide a guarantee of repayment and state the time and period of repayment.
(E) Duration of the project
The maximum period of research and development for this type of project is 3 years.
(F) Application Method
Apply through the ITF online application system.
Please refer to the account application for the application and usage of the online funding application system.
The above information is obtained from the official website of the Macao Science and Technology Development Fund: https://www.fdct.gov.mo/zh_tw/3.html