Macau University of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an interdisciplinary subject based on computer science and integrated by multiple disciplines. It mainly researches and develops theories, methods, technologies and application systems for simulating, extending and expanding human intelligence. Artificial intelligence has gradually changed from a branch of computer science to an independent discipline in theory and practice.
(1) Artificial intelligence is the development direction of the future society.
(2) The establishment of a bachelor's degree program in artificial intelligence is in line with the policy direction of the country's higher education.
(3) Cultivate innovative artificial intelligence talents with solid theory and strong practical ability for Macau, the Greater Bay Area and the country.
Upon approval from the Senate of the University, a Bachelor’s Degree will be conferred on a student when he or she has:
- completed and met the requirements prescribed in the study plan of his or her program within the specific study period*,
- abided by the regulations of the University,
- cleared all fees and charges and returned all University property and equipment borrowed.
* Students admitted from the academic year 2017/2018 onwards are required to achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above in order to graduate.
# The curriculum is only for students admitted from the academic year 2023/2024 onwards.
^ All syllabi and study plans are in accordance with the information published on the Macau SAR Official Gazette.