Macau University of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Science
The BSc program is designed to train students to become IT professionals who have the skills and capabilities to survive in today’s fiercely competitive market and adapt the rapid development of information technology. Its syllabi aim to cultivate IT professionals with solid foundation, wide range of professional knowledge, as well as abilities to work independently.
The objective of the program is to help students to:
- Establish a solid foundation in fundamental theories,
- Have an exposure to a wide range of professional knowledge,
- Get a good idea or the latest IT technologies,
- Learning to work independently, and
- Improve English communication ability.
There are three majors under this programme: 1) Computer Science, 2) Electronic and Information Engineering, and 3) Software Engineering.
The program can usually be completed in four years and the maximum study period is seven years. Students are required to complete at least 141 credits of courses, including major courses (99 credits) and general study courses (42 credits). Students will be awarded the BSc degree after they pass an overall assessment.
Upon approval from the Senate of the University, a Bachelor’s Degree will be conferred on a student when he or she has:
- completed and met the requirements prescribed in the study plan of his or her program within the specific study period*,
- abided by the regulations of the University,
- cleared all fees and charges and returned all University property and equipment borrowed.
* Students admitted from the academic year 2017/2018 onwards are required to achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above in order to graduate.
# The curriculum is only for students admitted academic year 2019/2020. Students admitted before academic year 2019/2020, please contact faculty office for inquiry.