Regulations for Graduation Certificate Collection
After the Senate's approval, the University will issue Graduation Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the graduates. For any damage to, or loss of Graduation Certificate issued, the University will not accept any application for re-issuance. Upon receipt of the email of "Notice for Graduation Certificate Collection", students must make an appointment to collect their Graduation Certificates through COES. Students can go through the relevant procedures during the period specified through one of the following means.For details, please refer to <Guidelines for Graduation Certificate Collection System>.
After making the appointment through COES, students should printout the "Appointment Slip for Graduation Certificate Collection". Students can collect their Graduation Certificates at the School of Graduate Studies (Room O507) by presenting the Slip, Campus Card and their personal identification documents at the time of the appointment. Once they have collected the Certificates, students can then apply for the refund of the caution fee at the Finance Office Counter. For details, please refer to <Refund Regulations for Handling Graduate’s Caution Fee>.
After making the appointment through COES, students should printout the "Appointment Slip for Graduation Certificate Collection". Students can authorize a person by completing the "Authorization Letter". The authorized person, upon presentation of the documents mentioned below, can then collect the Certificate from the School of Graduate Studies on behalf of the student at the time of the appointment.
- The original copy of completed and signed "Authorization Letter"
- ID copy of the student
- Original and copy of the ID card of the authorized person
- Appointment Slip for Graduation Certificate Collection
Once they have collected the Certificates, the authorized person, with the relevant Authorization Letter, can then apply for the refund of the caution fee at the Finance Office Counter. For details, please refer to <Refund Regulations for Handling Graduate’s Caution Fee>.
Should students be unable to collect the Certificates in person or through an authorized person, they may request delivery by post (deliveries outside Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan are not accepted under normal circumstances) in accordance with the procedures below:
- Students should register in COES states that they would like to collect their Graduation Certificates by post, then download the "Slip for Graduation Certificate Collection" from the University website, complete and send it together with the ID copy to the University by mail or fax.
- The University will send the Certificates by double-registered mail 15 days after the students’ application (about 2 to 3 weeks for delivery). Cost for packing and postage will be deducted from the students’ caution fee, with no additional notice given of this.
- Students should confirm receipt of the Certificate by completing and returning to the University by mail the "Receipt for Graduation Certificate Collection" and the "Caution Fee Refund Application Form (For Graduate Only)", together with their ID copies. The University will then proceed with the caution fee refund procedures upon receipt of all the documents stated above. If students fail to return the "Receipt for Graduation Certificate" and the "Caution Fee Refund Application Form (For Graduate Only)" within 15 months of the date of award, their caution fee will not be refunded.
After collecting the Graduation Certificate, graduates are suggested to apply for the refund of caution fee at the Finance Office, or apply for any testimonials you will need in the future at the counter of School of Graduate Studies.
Relevant forms are as below:
- If students fail to respond to the issuing of Graduation Certificate Collection within 15 months of the date of award, the University reserves the right to void their Graduation Certificates and other associated documents. In addition, their caution fees will not be refunded.
- The University will mail the "Notice for Graduation Certificate Collection" to the students' campus email address and personal e-mail address registered in COES. After they have graduated, they can no longer apply for amendment to their registered information. They can only report in writing to the University about their new contact number, correspondence and e-mail address for contact purposes and these will only be kept on file.
- For any damage to or loss of Graduation Certificates issued (including those sent by mail), the University will not accept any application for re-issuance.
- The University is entitled to void any Graduation Certificate which is not collected within the stipulated period (after 15 months starting from the graduation date), and such a Certificate will not be re-issued.
- Request for amending any misprints on the Graduation Certificates should generally be made within 6 months of the date of award. Late applications will not be accepted. Furthermore, personal particulars update or change of traditional / simplified Chinese characters is not included in the application for amendments mentioned above.
- The University reserves all rights and privileges in revising and interpreting the terms and conditions above.
- The regulations and information above are subject to changes by the University.
Monday to Friday 9:00am–1:00pm, 2:30pm–6:20pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays